Friday, May 8, 2015

Basil

Have been spending quite a bit of time in the gardens over the past couple of weeks, and they look so much better for it!!! Yesterday planted my tobacco and sage plants for ceremony work and today hoping to get my basil plants in the ground.

I've saved a special spot for the 12-15 basil plants that I put in each year. One near the garden walk so I can brush against them when I walk thru and enjoy the release of their essential oils and lovely fragrance. Because I have respiratory issues, asthma and a tendency for bronchitis, I'm always looking for things to help my lungs perform at their best. Basil, while not recognized as a star performer for the respiratory system, but more of a performer for the digestive system, is always a welcome addition for me to help cleanse my lungs.

Since I cannot see the mountains on either side of my small valley due to the haze, I believe summer is on its way and there will be no more sever cold spells like we have had in the past couple of weeks, so it is now safe for me to plant this tender annual in the garden. Pictures to come.

Do you have a favorite basil recipe or use? I would love to hear about it.

Happy Gardening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment